Monday, August 10, 2020

Bob Cadillac - Black dash Light

 


Toot toot......! (That's the sound of me blowing my own trumpet). 

Shameless self promotion here people. Peddling my own wares like Steptoe & Son.

Another dodgy rough as bags home recording I've been slaving over the last few years has finally been laid to rest like a free range egg.... rolled out of my very own bedroom studio workshop and splattered onto the unsuspecting public's face. 

Have a listen here on Bandcamp. A download will only cost you only $5.00..... mere chickenfeed......    I need to retire next year and those Gold Coast bowling clubs have fees! How else am I going to pay my bar tab?

There's also a run of 20 x Chrome Cassettes of this album courtesy of Lynton who rescued them from landfill & then also helped me dub them with his stack of vintage tapedecks. Much gratitude due to Lynton who also played drums on two tracks and recorded a few other tracks for me too. James Greig & Kat Black also feature on Guitar and Vocals respectively. Joanne Billesdon makes an appearance on Vocals (recorded by John Billows) and even my wife Jane jumped at the chance to sing on one track (ok I had to drug her and tie her to a chair for three days but in the name of rock 'n' roll, it was necessary folks.... (she doesn't remember it anyway).

The Dashboard picture used for the cover features a 'Magic Ribbon' type of speedometer from a 1959 Buick Lesabre. Some of these also changed colour as the speed changed. My dad had a Vauxhall in the 1970's with a Magic Ribbon that would start off at green, then change to orange as you accelerated until it finally hit the red (dad drove like a maniac so it was usually in the red). The 70's was when I also learnt first hand about the necessity of the seat belt. Dad came to a screaming halt one day & I hit the windscreen like a child projectile with my head. After that I didn't need convincing as to their usefulness :)

Buckle up and take a listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment