Monday, April 27, 2020

Live Dead C. X/WAY 1



When it comes to the numbers, the previous Dead C. Live recording by James Greig has racked up nearly 700 downloads (currently on 682 as I write this so I may as well bump it up to 700 to make myself look more important) and so it is by far and away thee download king of this blog and rightly so as it's a bloody good recording.

So the story goes, James Greig rolled up the other day with a bag of drugs and a couple of rare and unusual Xpressway tapes to tinker with. James has also received the blessing from label curator Bruce Russell for this upload just in case you were wondering.
Thanks Bruce!

I have a few Xpressway vinyls which are very dear to me. One I really regret not getting back in the day is the now extremely rare Plagal Grind EP. Practically worth it's weight in gold these days. 
If you're not familiar with the back catalogue of this label, get a move on and start digging through it because it's basically Flying Nun's better cousin. The compilations are a good place to start. I'm playing 'Pile=Up' right now in fact. 'Making Losers Happy', a singles collection released on 'Drag City' also incredible listening and a good place to start your collection.

The Dead C. Live is exactly what it says it is. A selection of early live recordings circa 1987.

I've uploaded it with the tape artwork too so you have all the relevant details.

So here you go all you greedy Dead C. fans.....

The Live Dead See.

(Oh and it was a complete lie about the drugs by the way).


2 comments:

  1. Well done, Bob! Did I leave all my drugs there, or just that one stuffed surfboard? I'm damned if I know where I put them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the surfboard that I took surfing yesterday & accidentally left at the beach? Oooops.....

      Delete